Saturday, January 24, 2009

Man-Beast Mac


Man-Beast is what I like to call Mac, and it's quite fitting. Let me just fill you in on some of the Man-Beast qualities this little boy possesses.

--This afternoon while we were hanging out in the front yard, I was reading the newspaper... only to look down and find McConnell playing with and tearing apart dog poop!! And he was enjoying it!!

-- The boy climbs, climbs, and climbs.

--He also throws throws and throws anything. ( I am honestly starting to worry about this next little baby being hit over and over again with random Mac objects)

--Look out or he'll whack you... he whacks/hits everything within a three foot radius.

-- He eats pine cones, chalk, and dirt and drinks his bath water.

--He uses anything as a weapon, like a tennis racket or sock!

--He loves his new found toy... the Winky.. he can't get enough! (Should I be worried about this?)

Really the list could go on. I am always finding myself saying.."Really? Are all little boys this monsterous?" or "Should he really already be doing that?" His Man-Beast abilities never cease to amaze me. But the kid also has a soft side...

--He worships his Lovey. ( I'm jealous of the tight bond these two have)

--He LOVES anything soft, and even if it is soft and fluffy.. then he'll throw his body on it and give it a good lovin.

--He has recently learned how to hug, and he's totally into it.

--He dances like a fool.. the boy has got some sweet moves.

All and all he's a really sweet and totally monstrous kid! I couldn't imagine life without him and I never ever have a dull moment in this house with him and Abby. Actually just tonight while giving him a bath he surprised me with another Man-Beast quality.. he deposited a turd in the bathtub!! (This is me... "Umm Ben you gotta come in here... I am not sure this really just happened!!!") Nothing like ending your night, scooping up a Man-Beast turd!! I love you my Man-Beast Mac.

8 comments:

Angie said...

hurray! I found your blog. I loved your post about Mac. So many things remind me of Carter, minus all of the turd things. We've yet to encounter those.

Don't worry about throwing and the new baby, you'll learn to jump in between before contact and to dodge while nursing and sooner than later Mac will learn not to throw things at the baby. Well, once he realizes the baby is here to stay he'll stop chucking things at him. We had a rough first month with throwing things at Owen. Carter is much better now and loves his little brother. In fact when we go out in public, if someone talks to Carter he immediatly turns around and point to Owen and jabbers, as if to say, if you think I'm cute look at my brother.

Can't wait to find out what you're having this time. Hugs, Angie

Shauna said...

Oh man he is so cute, bet you can't wait to get him in sports! Abby looks so cute with her little baseball helmet on!

Bri said...

He is a cutie. Welcome to the wonderful world of boys!

Laurel said...

Wow! So funny. He is so cute.

Holly said...

It sounds like you have your hands full. It probably helps that he is so cute. Now I know who to get advice from when my boys hit that age.

Gabriel said...

Just Plain Awesome. What a boy! Can't wait to come for a visit! Miss you all so very much.

Brady and Erika said...

Yes, boys are that mosterous, but we love them all the same. I read your post and was laughing because each one I was like, "yup, Crew does that one too." At the end of the day I end up saying, "boys will be boys." Oh, I love boys. ~erika~

Bri said...

OOoh exciting. be sure to let us know when you are free to hang out!