Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Real Ticker Countdown Begins!

I am getting induced on Monday. I hate it, but I have to do it then, or else I have to wait another week! My family would miss the birth, and not be able to see the baby, so I opted to go with Monday. Apparently there are tons of inductions this coming week, and Monday was the only option. I am still hoping and praying that I will be able to go into labor on my own.... I think I have prayed all day for it actually!

Does anyone have any tips on going into labor on my own? Besides the obvious ones?? I heard about a cocktail concoction that makes women go into labor... anyone heard of that one?? I am desperate!!

Today was all about getting stuff ready and done before Monday and actually, I am totally ready to have this baby! I am sure not ready to have to wake up four times a night to nurse, but I am SOOO ready to see and hold this little boy!

Wish me luck!! We'll keep you posted with info and pics as soon as possible!!

4 comments:

Shauna said...

Good luck Allison! I say a prayer for you!

Stacy Ann said...

advise we have given patients: Long walks... glass of red wine... and hmmm... lets just say do what you did 9 months ago... that one works the best they say- especially if coupled with red wine... GOOD LUCK!!!

Destiny Rayburn said...

eggplant parmasean and a pedicure.

The Allens said...

Good luck girl!! I would say jump on the tramp to break you water, but then I don't know if that is really safe for the baby or your crotch :)

Meieli