Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A desperate love

Last night Abby had her first grade school play. She played the part of the rock star guitarist. She rocked it out.  I know she was nervous, because she told me so a few days before the play. "Mom I get up there and I just get kinda nervous." I told her to rock her little heart out and all will be well. And she did just that.

When I first saw her stand up and start rocking out, I couldn't help but choke back the tears. Yes, I am that Mom. Yes, I am crying at my daughter playing with a blow up guitar on stage. I can't help it. I just get so dang proud of my children. It's a desperate love.

Mac just graduated from his first year of preschool. When he walked on stage, my heart swelled up and I just want to bawl like a baby. Then he started to sing and dance...oh be still my heart!!!

That's just me I guess. My kids fart and I say "good one!!...now say excuse me"

See... I'm kind of ridiculous, but I just want my babies to know how much I love them, and how very proud I am of them, and how proud I am to be their Mama.




There is no other way to describe it...it's a desperate love.

No comments: