Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Amazing Race Audition Tape 2006

All the people that know me well... know that I love the TV show Amazing Race.
My sister Jessica and I decided that we loved it so much that we would send in an audition tape. Just so you know what's going on. This was taped Christmas time 2006. Obviously this was taped before I knew that I was preggo with Mac. I really had hoped that I would get pregnant, but my sister and I decided that just in case I wasn't pregnant before the next season, we would just go ahead and make the tape. A few days after taping I found out I was pregnant! YAY! But it did put our dreams of being on Amazing Race on hold. My sister Jessica is really hilarious, but in the video she is all studious... which really makes me laugh. Ben is the part of Phil and my dad plays the part of the greeter. (The greeter is at the end of each episode, when the teams finally make it to the end of each leg of the race.) The tape can only be three minutes long, so that is way it fast forwards for a little bit. Only three minutes long... I mean really?? Who can show you how cool they are in only three minutes!!
I hope you enjoy this as much as I have.

10 comments:

Kailey said...

HA! You are NUTS!! I love it. I have never watched the show b4 but would be your #1 fan if you got on. I also have to say how much I love your family photos, especially you and your baby boy. Where did you get them done?

Julia said...

HOLY CRAP. That was hysterical. I especially like the part where you shove your sister into the tiny car. And it's kindof scary how Phil-like Ben is. I would put you on the show in a heartbeat!

jules said...

I've never seen the show, but I totally want to see it now. You guys would be HILARIOUS!

Shauna said...

Might I use the term- Bad A! If you were on the show I would make it my calling to watch the amazing race faithfully every week!

Anonymous said...

Its taking awhile to download for me. but I'm sure I will enjoy it soon. Oh and Yes be my friend!

Kailey said...

Hey Allison, I've tagged you! You'll have to check out my blog for the particulars!

Suzanne said...

This is so freakin funny. I still think you should try and be on it someday. for sure!

Anonymous said...

hahaha!! Oh my word i LOVE you girls!!! That was hilarious! I wanna play with you guys!! we need to go on a big family trip or something...I'm so, so, so happy that you found my blog alison so we can be in touch again!! and i seriously seriously hope and super duper wish that you guys might be able to make it to my wedding!! June 26th. I need to call yo mama and aunties... it's coming so fast!! EEK! invites will be out in a couple weeks! LOVE your guts!

Diamond Girl said...

Do you know that the Amazing Race posted applications again. You girls should send this video in for the upcoming auditions! I don't know you (found your blog on a search for "Amazing Race auditions") and I think you are personable, funny and it would be fun to watch you on the show!

that lady said...

WOh!! Alison I just googled Amazing race auditions so I could get info so my husband and I could audition... and YOUR POST was the second RESULT!! crazy huh? I dunno if that's cuz the creepy computers these days know I know you, or just cuz you're insanely popular?!?! oh! and I've echoed your twilight obsession- already read the first a while ago but haven't been able to get my hands on another- then sunday found out my RS is have a book club disc on book 4 on thursday morning- so I'm "booking it" haha through the next 3! Just finished 2! 2 more to go! Love you Al!