Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Joy



There have been a few joyous moments in my life these last couple of days and I felt the need to document them.

During the last couple days Abby and Mac have been playing together for a couple minutes at a time. It's so sweet to watch. Just yesterday Abby and Mac were playing with a drum, Mac was so enthralled with all the noise that Abby was making, and before you know it Abby asked Mac if he wanted to play... and He did! He was so happy, he felt true Joy and do did I. I was busily washing the dishes, but I could see the whole thing. Abby was talking to him so sweet and Mac acted like he was listening. Really this was the first time that the two of them have played together... and it brought true joy to my heart. (No picture of them playing, because like I said I was doing the dishes... and for some horrible reason dishes were more important... I know I'm bad)

Another sweet moment happened right after Abby got out of the bathtub. Ben wrapped her up in towels because it's still freezing in Seattle, so she came running out in full towel get-up. She quickly said "Look mom I'm Jesus." She makes us laugh. Lately there have been lots of Jesus questions. (I think because Easter) This brought me so much Joy and happiness to know that she understand a little bit about Jesus. (The picture of Abby is her dressed up like Jesus, and the picture of Mac is just one of his random cute ones)

This one is more of a tender Mercy of the Lord, but it counts for joy too! Ben and I are planning on buying a home really soon!! (Like three weeks really soon) So we are trying not to spend extra money. We have been able to save enough money for a good down payment on a home. *(Thanks to my car accident money) But we don't want to dip into our savings, because that's goes to the home... any way. Today I was checking our bank account and watch it dwindle down to almost nothing. I have always worried about money... so I am getting a little worried. What are we going to do for groceries?? What about Abby's birthday? All these questions come to mind... but then I remember our tax return comes in five days!! YAHOO!!! But that's not for another few days... so we just will be really poor for the next few days, Right? Well, as soon as I am making up our food storage meals in my mind, our phone rings. I have forgotten totally that we put something on craigslist, that will give us some fast cash if it sold! A lady is coming by today to pick it up. (I hope!!) I hung up the phone and was so grateful that Heavenly Father was looking out for us. Sometimes I just get a little caught up in the worries of this world that I forget that He is right there for us. The gospel brings me Joy... Oh yeah and Craigslist too!!

2 comments:

jules said...

Thanks for this post. It's so great to be reminded of the great things about life. My kids just got more and more fun when they could play with each other. Those moments are the most satisfying as a mom. And I totally understand not stopping the dishes - once you start, you can't stop.

SORRY about the lame craigslist woman - that happens a lot. You should sell your old baby clothes like we talked about...it worked for me!

Sarah C said...

Noah thinks that is a cute baby and likes the 'ghost'. I will karate chop the woman from Craigs list for you. Just let me know.