Thursday, February 18, 2010

Losing it.

Another Mom friend of mine once said that after having a HORRIBLE day with her children that night she took 12 birth control pills. This made me laugh so hard, and made me feel much better to know that she has hard days too.


Today has been such a day that I just made my appt. to get my tubes tied. (only kidding..but slightly only kidding) The kids screamed and fought, the baby cried and cried. The oldest didn't listen and the youngest couldn't be sat down for a second without a fit. The house was destroyed and my emotions were on edge. I feel useless, tired, annoyed, and worn-out. I know other parents deal with this as well, I know I am not alone in this fight, but some days it feels awful lonely. Sometimes it's all I can do to not yell again, or to not run out of the front door as fast as I possibly could. My sweet husband reminds me that not all days are like this, the kids aren't always horrific. And I know that, I remember that too.. it's just hard to see the sunlight shining down when there's a bitter storm rolling in . I want so badly to be the very best Mother to my children. So does that count then? Me wanting to be good?? Do I get any points for trying my hardest but failing about 45% of the time?


Parenting is tough, especially being a stay at home mom. Would I change that? Never. Do I have days when I wished that I had a part time job just so I could escape?? For sure!! Blogging is my journal for our children, so children here's some advice. Parenting is tough, more so if you have three small children ages 4 and under. It's a hard road, that seems never ending and without much praise, but it's worth it. You're going to want to quit, you're going to want to sleep and function normally but the truth is, nothing is normal after you have children. Life completely changes and only for the better. You kids are lucky you're so cute, or else I would have quit on you a long time ago. I think now I'll go make some cookies. Yep.. that always make things better in my book.


** After calling Ben and crying to him on phone and basically having a huge pity party, he came home early and consoled and comforted me. Of course when he came home all was well.. but it sure is the thought that counts. (You're the goods Honey)


***This little cartoon made me laugh.. that's my life motto for sure.
(mean while there are yummy chocolate chip cookies in the oven to make me feel better)

8 comments:

Kris Kanenwisher said...

So with you on all counts.

On the good days you wonder why you're such a wuss on the bad days, and on the bad days, the good days are distant memories.

Strange things, being a Mom.
Strange things.

The Youngblood Family said...

Well said Allison! I have so many days like that! Being a mommy is sooooo TUFF. I feel like all I do is Yell. I'm glad I'm not the only one out there that feels like this. Hey, are you still working out at the YMCA? We just joined back up. Maybe I will see you there sometime soon. :)

Shauna said...

This post made me laugh, only because I'm sure that every mother has written at some time in their heads or almost everyday. :) There is a section in the FHE manual about raising your family and it has been a true help to me lately. You are a choice mom- the best!! Love the example you are to me!

Gabriel said...

Lady AJ -- I wish you weren't so far away. I'd be there in a heart beat, scoop up those kids and give you a well deserved afternoon to yourself. I remember when we were kids and driving our Mom crazy, she used to lock us outside and tell us to go play. Of course, that was in Montana and times were different. But it seemed to work for her. Stick in there. You're doing a great job. Ben loves you, those kids love you... You're in my thoughts and prayers.

DeAnn said...

I had many a day like that but now it's all been worth it. Just remember that grandchildren are the reward for not killing your children and they are a great reward.

Maude Beckman said...

Funny how we all feel alone yet I experience the same things...

We always feel our kids don't retain anything, but you'll be surprised. There is always this moment when something is said or an action is taken that reminds you that through it all, they DO get it. They just don't show it all the time...

Hang in there! Or you know: Call me!

Todd and Amy Curtis said...

Thank you for posting this!! Noah is a month old and I still haven't seemed to adjust to having two little ones. I had one of these days yesterday.... anyway, I just really needed to read this. Thank you!
Amy (Sealey)

Billy and Nikki said...

your post made me cry. being a mom is so hard sometimes! im glad your feeling better today. at night i watch my kids sleep and it makes me forget all of the stress of the day.