Tuesday, June 29, 2010

1st for the 3rd

Happy Birthday Finn-Bug.
I am not going to lie.. this year has been a hard one for Mom. From about two weeks of age, Finn cried at least 2 hours a day. I would always say "maybe when he's three months, he'll calm down and get used to this life." Then a month after that I would say "Well maybe when he's able to eat solids, he'll be happier." Then after trying solids I would say "I think that once he can crawl he'll be a much happier baby." Yep.. none of that talk worked. He was still HARD. That is until he learned how to walk. He's a changed little man. My millions of prayers have been answered. Now-a' days he is sweet, really sweet.. and even funny. His little personality has grown so much. He understands what we say to him, he plays in the toy room all by himself and he walks everywhere.

His only word so far is "Mama"... which is total sweetness to my ears.
He loves to climb up the stairs... so much in fact... that's the very first thing he darts to in the morning, until I break his heart by putting up the gate.
His favorite thing to play with is his tongue.
His other favorite thing to do it to knock down anything we build up... like our "towers" with the wood and foam blocks.
He sleeps almost 12 hours straight every night.
His inner thighs are delicious.
He is so tan, we joke that he's half mexican.
His smile is the very best part of him.



Though we have had what feels like so many hard days.. I know and feel his little spirit and his sweet heart. I know he loves and adores our family.. and we are so very thankful he chose us. Because we all love and adore him right back.

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Happy 1st Birthday Finn!!! We love you, Granny and GrandBob

Maureen said...

Happy Happy Birthday little Finn! Cute pictures, he does have a nice tan

Gabriel said...

Finnegan! Happy Birthday! Can't believe what a cute little man you've become! So glad that you are in OUR family. I miss you and can't wait to see you again! All my love, forever. Uncle Gabe

quiltnmaryf said...

Happy Birthday Finn! Boy, is he enjoying that cupcake. Children are such a huge challenge, responsibility and blessing. Somedays we wonder what we will do with them, but most we wonder what we would ever do without them!! God bless you all!
Love, Great-Aunt Mary in California

Laurel said...

Happy Birthday Finn! We sure love you.