Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Not enough hands

Today is one of those days where I wished I had four arms, and the patience of Ben. But welcome to the real world, I don't!

Finn won't take his nap. Mac wants a cookie, then a popsicle, then a honey sandwich, then a drink, then he has to poop....so on and so on. All while Jack just wants his mama's attention!!

Mom needs a time out. Mom needs some space.

I feel like I am being pulled in three different directions all at once. Ten minutes of constant pulling, crying and nagging and it basically ruins the rest of my day! Breathe in, breathe out...right?

Now in a perfect world, I would go a tickle my sweet two year olds back until he sweetly drifted off into sleepy time. I would make the four year old all his treats, and he wouldn't spill a one of them! And I would be able to hold and kiss and play with the baby.

But let's be realistic. The two year old will cry until he passes out. The four year old will get popsicle all over the couch and never tell me, and the baby will be a weirdo when he grows up because he wasn't held or kissed enough!

There I feel better, now I can go unlock the kids from the basement.

*Just kidding. If you knew me well enough you would know I don't have a basement. While writing this Finn sneaked out of his room and is playing downstairs, Mac is playing with his legos, and Jack is destroying my craft closet. See not so bad after all. I even added old adorable pictures of the boys..cause I do love them forever after all.

1 comment:

lynette said...

Ahhh, thank you for keepin' it real. I start feeling like a horrible mom when I read blogs that describe everyday of motherhood as pure bliss. Somedays are just horrible, no good, very bad days where we feel stretched thin with nothing left to give.

But, the silver lining is that we get to try it all over tomorrow...hopefully with less tears and more coke zero.

We are the lucky ones.