Wednesday, November 7, 2007

If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all

Tonight Abby and I had to make a quick stop into the Covington Walmart. We walked up to check out and our checker quickly says to Abby " Wow, you're a good eater aren't you." Now ironically our checker lady was rather plump herself, well actually I'll just say it she was FAT!!!! How dare her insinuate that my beautiful, wonderful, full of life Abby is fat! I literally had to bite my tongue the whole time she was checking me out. All I wanted to say... actually yell.. is how dare you say that about someone you don't even know... how dare you hurt her feelings, and yes she has feelings. (Abby is a very intelligent 2 year old.... thank you very much). I just don't understand some people, why do they have to even open their mouth!! Okay okay, maybe I am just a little bit on the sensitive side, but this isn't the first time it's happened. I guess people just don't understand that it isn't fun to hear that it looks like my daughter has never missed a meal. Abby is healthy girl, who loves her vegetables, and I shouldn't feel like I need to defend her weight. Basically what it boils down to is... these people just wish that they had a child as beautiful as my Abby. Don't hate!!! I am done venting and now I feel much better. Just to prove my point here are a few pictures of my beautiful Abby .

6 comments:

Julia said...

She is SO beautiful, and so sweet. She waved to me (at least I like to think it was me) at church today, and it just melted my heart. Give her a hug for me and tell the Walmart lady to stick it.

Suzanne said...

I know what you mean. I can't tell you how many times I have been in public and people comment on how big James head is. Who says stuff like that?

Rebekah said...

I'm sorry Allison. I think you are a great Mom and Abbey is the cutest ever.

jules said...

Abby is so beautiful!! And her personality is so much fun. My favorite comment people make to me is "wow...aren't you busy?" Ugh!

cat said...

hey allison, i found your blog, it is so fun to catch up on what you guys are doing. glad to see that you guys are doing well. your baby boy is SO darling. i am going to check back to see what you guys are up too...if that's okay! we are at www.allaboutyeates.blogspot.com
as for that checker, you are right, she was probably jealous. abby is a doll!

FoxyJ said...

People are always commenting on Sophie and Timothy's hair. They always ask--where did they get blond hair from? Um, their dad? I guess his hair isn't too blond anymore, but it's not like they don't look like us. Ugh.