Monday, September 29, 2008

R.I.P Oak Tree


Here are little more details about the happenings of Hurricane Ike. Like I said it was quite scary for me. I think the worst part was that it hit at night... nothing is really fun in the dark... well you know what I mean! The noise was unreal... at any point it sounded like all of the windows in the house would break open and the furious winds would be in the house with us. I stayed up all night listening to the radio, just hoping for the best. I prayed all night. I take it back the worst part wasn't that it hit at night, the worst part was worrying about my sweet little innocent children. I could just envision all the horrible things that this storm would bring, and I couldn't bear the thought of them getting hurt... yes that was the hardest part. I am still pretty sad about my gorgeous oak tree blown over... it was the only shade we had in our HUGE backyard, but oh well we'll just plant a new one and wait another 15 years for it to grow as big as ours once was. Eghh... what's 15 years?? We are still waiting for our insurance adjuster to come and access the damage. Hopefully we don't have to pay too much out of pocket. On a crazy note.. the farmers almanac predicted Ike, and it also is predicting another one to hit Houston on October 10th. Oh man... are you kidding me?? This wasn't the best year to move to Houston apparently!


On a good note the weather here is fantabulous! (that's a word) The nights are especially gorgeous. We are still LOVING our new home, I acutally just redecorated our master bedroom, and we love it! Abby and Mac are wonderful. Abby has a lot of new adorable friends, and she can't wait to start preschool in two weeks! McConnell has been sick, but still just as cute. He gives me good little kisses...and if I can say this without being self-absorbed..I think he really loves me. Here's a cute Abby moment :


Abby wanted to put something into the microwave, so she pulled over a chair and tried to open the microwave.....here's her convo with the microwave. *she didn't know that I was watching her from the stairs*


"open saysme" (like sesame)

"open saysme"

"open saysme"


(The microwave magically opens!!)*I have no idea how this happened!!!*


" Hey it worked!!!!"

Oh she's too fun and cute for words. The pure joy on her face when it opened was too much! I love her!

4 comments:

Tara McLean Derricott said...

Your kids ARE adorable! We're so glad that nothing worse happened during Ike!!

Robyn said...

Im cracking up! Love the story! Love the Abby! Oh! and that new word!!! Im loving it! Fantabulous!

Im so glad you are safe! Im miss you dearly!

Julia said...

I'm glad you guys are okay. Bummer about the hurricanes, huh? It's always something.

Erin said...

poor tree. But at least you have a beautiful house to get damaged anyways. Miss you guys, remember that texas is right next to new mexico!