Sunday, September 14, 2008

We survived IKE

We safely survived Ike with just a few damages to the home. Currently we have no power, but our good neighbors brought over their generator for us to use and a small a/c unit. Our big georgous oak tree blew over and knocked down our other pine tree next to it taking the side fence out with it. We think we might have a crack in our foundation because water has been seeping up from the ground soaking/ruining our beautiful carpet in the formal dining room and living room so we just pull up 20 feet of the damaged carpet and padding. We lost some shingles on the roof but nothing major. As far as riding out the hurricane it was a horrible experience for Allison, she stayed up all night while Ben, Abby and Mac slept soundly. It sounded like a train was going to rip through our house at any mintue, but all and all we are safe, healthy, and just a little unconfortable due to Texas heat. We are thankful for wonderderful neighbors and friends.

12 comments:

Kailey said...

I am so glad to hear that you are all safe. I have been waiting for this post. Sorry about your trees and the other damage.

Emma said...

Glad that you are safe. Sorry about the damage, and being without power. That is not fun in the Texas heat. I hope things get back to normal soon.

Kris Kanenwisher said...

Thankfully you guys are safe. A fallen tree and carpet damage are small prices for a safe family.

Tara McLean Derricott said...

What an adventure!! We're so glad to hear that you are safe.

Spencer, Jen, Zoe, and Emrie said...

I thought about you guys all day... We're so glad you are all safe!

Jessica Jo said...

Glad to know you all have survived! Enough power to knock down an oak tree? That's scary!

Mindy B said...

So glad you guys are safe and doing ok. Take care!!!!

KaSh said...

Hi Abby we were thinking about your family when we heard about Ike. I am glad that you are all safe. I was over at Jessica's (Maxfield) house last week and we were commenting on how all the babies from last year are already turning one soon or already did. I can't believe Mac is already one. I still remember you being pregnant. Time does fly past. Hope you have power soon!

cat said...

i was totally thinking about you guys too. glad to see everything is good. happy (really late) b-day to your little handsome boy.

jules said...

I've been thinking about you guys a ton. I'm glad things are okay. I'm sorry about the HOT weather (although my uncle told me it cooled down a few days after hurricane). And I hope your house gets recovered quickly.

mom and pops grover said...

So, okay, we know you are alright, rally happy about it in fact...but what's the rest of the story?! We're waiting.....

that lady said...

YA! ALison! I'd LOVE to paint you one!! You have any differnt kinda ideas of what you want or the same? I'm making a similar one for my husband's friend too- I've got a ton of wedding pics on our family blog- it's private but I thought I invited you to it- send me an email so I can put your email on there and you can take a look at the pics- tessamariearanda@gmail.com. Hey and you know what? I've been thinking about you because I think you should be my partner in crime as far as family history goes- I made a lot of progress last year at BYU with all the resources but get stuck once I get to the ship that came from Germany. I wrote to your mama and all the sisters and asked like 100 questions!! haha. JUDY is incredible and wrote me like a 40 pg handwritten response to them all- I wanna put a Personal History together on grandma Katie and her life/ ancestors/ kids/etc- but I've got a lot of work to do. Anyway... send me an email lady! Love you!