Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Small but simple things....


can make a world full of difference.
My heart aches for this family. I recently fell upon this family's story while doing some blogging of my own, and now I'm hooked. Their story is one of tragedy and full of hope. Husband and Wife Christian and Stephanie Nielson and their flight instructor were in an airplane accident, and they are both badly burned and are currently in the hospital in critical care. Their flight instructor passed away shortly after in the hospital. Stephanie has burns over 80% of her body and her husband has burns over 30% of his body. Christain actually just started talking today..which is amazing. I am not doing their story justice so look it up and see for yourself.(look on my sidebar-Nie Recovery) They have four adorable children... too adorable for words. I don't know Stephanie, but through her blog.. I have come to love her. She is just the best person.. so fun and loving. I can't stop asking myself all throughout the day... "How can I help her family? Can I make a small difference..can I raise money for them somehow? What can I do?" I can't stop thinking about them, I need to help them.


So this is my call out to all of you amazing readers of the Wischmeier Words. Read their story and help make a difference. I am thinking about starting up my own Esty store and selling baby blankets and other crafts and donating all my profits to her family... that's my idea for now... We'll see if I can sell anything!!


I hope and pray that they can recover quickly so they can get back with their children and their beaufitul lives can continue on together. God Bless and keep them.


1 comment:

Sarah C said...

Oh my goodness. I just read through that blog and am really trying to not cry at work. I think whatever you could, would or are able to do they would appreciate. What a strong family with extra strong faith. Still trying not to cry at work.