Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Our 24 Hour Date

While my family was in town, Ben and I were treated with a whole day off!!! Granny, Grandpa and Aunt Jessica Dean took care of the kids and we ran outta the house as fast as we could!

Ben surprised me with this 24 hour date, and it was a blast. It was so sweet how much thought and effort he put into it. He melts me.


In the glove box of the car were 5 separate envelopes each with the address of our next destination. First stop was a place called Dave & Buster's. Basically a huge game warehouse and tons of fun. I schooled Ben at air hockey like always!! (it's our thing, he is always trying to beat me at air hockey, he did win once, but the third time we played I beat him 7-0!!!) Ben managed to get $20 of free game play and here's the loot we got!



After Dave and Buster's we headed Discovery Green. It's an outdoor park in downtown Houston. I was feeling a little sick before we left Dave and Buster's because we played a shooting game that moves around a lot (I am weird and get sick with that sort of stuff) so Ben was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to do what he had planned at Discovery Green. All was well after some much needed fresh air, thank goodness because went we drove up to Discovery Green I saw this!!


It's not a full blown hot air balloon, but it is like a mini-version. It's helium filled and on a cord, and goes up 350 feet. Pretty cool. We've both never experienced anything like it, so we were pretty excited. After waiting an hour and a half we got our 10 minute turn and it was pretty cool, seeing how Houston is flat you can see a lot when you are 350 feet in the air. We both enjoyed it.
After the balloon we headed to the Hotel. Which was beautiful and fabulous. We attempted a nap, but just cuddled and watch some uninterrupted tube. (no picture for that)

Then it was off to dinner. Ben choose a fancy-spancy restaurant, think Top Chef type of food. We gorged ourselves to oblivion. DIVINE!!!


Then back to the Hotel for some much needed R & R. That lasted until about 2:30am when I started throwing up. Yep... not so much fun. Why can't I just get one night of peaceful sleep??? Such is life.
It was so wonderful to have a whole day with my Sugar. He is everything to me, and I wish that I could be with him more. I kinda can't get enough of the guy!!
Thank you Love for all your hard work and effort, it was fabulous.
*I know what you are thinking.. lots of feeling nauseous and throwing up... and NO I am not pregnant!!

8 comments:

Emma said...

Sounds fabulous!!! It's funny how we having to clarify it when we are feeling sick. I need to have one of those dates! Gotta wait until no one has a runny nose - oh and Aaron has time off!

Laurel said...

What a fun date. How romantic. Good job Ben. We need one of those dates too.

Laurel said...

What a fun date. How romantic. Good job Ben. We need one of those dates too.

Shauna said...

Whoot! That's an awesome date!!!

Gabriel said...

Good job little brother. Sounds fun. I think its funny that you said a top chef kind of dinner. I work for a top chef -- hope you're meal was great!? Sorry for the pukey-puke. Have a great New Year's Celebration! Think of me, i'm going to be running around that top chef's restaurant like a crazy person... oh, he just offered me a manager position at his new place... crazy.

The Allens said...

What a blast!! Where are the hotel room pictures? J/k.inappropriate I know. Hope that you are doing great and that your new year resolution is ot come to Idaho!!! I miss you !!

Meieli

DeAnn said...

Way to go Ben! What a thoughtful guy. I bet you're glad it was just a case of stomach flu. I know first hand what it's like to have four kids five and under.

Maureen said...

Sounds like alotafun!