Monday, June 30, 2008

Hectic in Houston

Wow! Life is crazy here! I can't believe that we have been here for almost two weeks! Yes, we made it just fine! After my last post we drove straight through I think five states and finally arrived! The weather was insane in Oklahoma..honestly I thought a tornado was rolling in! It was the most awful black cloud that I have ever seen, I think I referred it as the "Mega Death Cloud." Ben drove through all of the horrible weather and for that I am incredibly thankful... I would have been a mess driving in all that! And I thought the rain in Seattle was bad... I have never in my life seen rain fall down as hard as it was in Oklahoma. Oh well I am just glad it's over.

The house of course is amazing! I still don't feel like this is all really happening. I feel as though I am still in my dreams... seeing how I dreamt of this place being my home every night for the last several months! We have actually been able to fill it up with all of our old stuff, and it all looks pretty good! Uncle Gabe and Granny Dean were quite the help.Thank you Thank you for all of your wonderful help. The weather here is really hot and humid but it's just what we expected so it's no shock! The nights are beautiful and that's what I really love.
Our neighbors have all been incredibly sweet. They have all come over to meet us and fill us in on neighborhood things. And actually our next door neighbor actually has twin four year old boys...which is perfect for Abby!!!

Basically time is flying by here, we are just trying not to get lost in crazy Houston and unpack all of our boxes! Oh yeah we bought a "new" car (new to us means used.) It's a 2000 Mazda 626. It's beautiful.. I'll post pictures of the car and of the house as soon as I can!
We miss Seattle, but we are happy to start this new chapter in our lives! Today is Ben's first day at work...only 30 more years to go!!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

So glad you made it and that your house is everything you dreamed! I sure miss you here and sad that I never really had a chance to say goodbye! I wish you all the best in Houston. I have another friend who recently moved to Houston as well, it's probably too big of a city to meet, but you never know. (here's her blog address just in case you are interested http://thekissellplace.blogspot.com/)

Robyn said...

Allison! Im so happy for you! I cant wait to see pictures. Ive been checking your blog daily, checking to see how its all going! Congrats on everything! Life is good...love and miss you!

Laurel said...

We're so glad that you are getting settled. We can't wait to hang out with you down there. Love ya

Julia said...

I'm glad all is well. Post some pics of the newly filled up house! Oh, Abby left her Prius at our house--I swear I was going to give it to you, but you missed your last Sunday!

Denise said...

I'm so glad you guys made it and are settling in. I am so excited for you.

mom and pops grover said...

Allison! I was checking Robyn's blog, from hers I went to yours! I'm glad you are safely in Houston. Big adventure...hot, huh?! Hey, I noticed some of what must be Ben's family has the last name of Alder. Who are they? I'm an Alder and would like to know if I'm related...I've never talked to another active LDS Alder!